Wednesday, December 19, 2018

"Beautiful Boy"

A fun day. Walked Kimball, did the usual, then wrote out some Christmas cards--I have more to go--and walked to the P.O. to mail and buy more stamps. By the time I left there, I thought I might as well catch the bus instead of going home and back, so I did. Got off at Telephone and walked the half-mile or so to the library branch. I saw at least three books I want to take out, but decided to wait, as I didn't want to lug them around yesterday. Caught yet another bus to get me to the WinCo Shopping Center, after which I walked the few blocks to the Regency. I was very early, but so was Nancy, so that was all right.
We saw Beautiful Boy and wow, it was intense. I had read the father's book a few years ago when it came out, so had some idea of the circumstances. It was so well done, so real, so absolutely riveting, that we both sat enthralled.
After, we went to The Cave, where Nancy treated me to lunch with wine for my birthday. We both got burgers and--I guess because I rarely eat beef--they tasted divine. Had a great time talking, as ever, then Nance drove me home; got in about 4:00.  I'll see her again this afternoon at 4:00 at the Aloha Happy Hour.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...