Sunday, December 23, 2018

My Day And Marijuana

I skipped Kimball because--notorious procrastinator that I am--I was under the gun for a number of tasks. I completed them after breakfast: changed my bed, did a load of wash, packed my suitcase, wrapped all the Ojai presents, finished the letter to Dave Perry and sent it off with a card, and inspected what was left in the fridge. I knew I wouldn't be eating at home for a bit, so I froze some things to retrieve later.
I had so many things to take to Ellen's, I took several trips to the car. These included suitcase, birthday and Christmas presents, outdoor clothing, my lunch salad, and so on. Got there before 1:00, then El and I ate. She had made tamales and I had one with my salad. I'm not sure I've ever had one before (I've had other Mexican food), but it was so good.
Greg came home and after a bit, we went out to look for a tree. Went to a highway robber hardware store in Ojai, where prices ran $67.00 and up for even the small ones!. El started negotiating and got forty percent off, but that wasn't enough, so we left. Went to a place in Oak View and saw  nice ones that were considerably less expensive and she and Greg chose one. She even bargained that down before she bought it--that's my girl!
Home, she and Greg set it up in front of the window and strung it with those beautiful little fairy lights. We put some ornaments on, but it was then time to go to my birthday dinner, so we'll add more today. We went to Osteria Monte Grappa, which specializes in northern Italian cuisine and it was just delicious. The place was packed when we got there about 6:00, but luckily, had to wait only about five minutes. After we were seated, a number of other parties arrived and they had a much longer wait. I had penne with sausage and other things in it--just about the best pasta I've ever tasted--plus Chianti, of course. Greg had the same, El a dish with pesto, and, of course, good bread with oil and a wonderful balsamic vinegar for dipping.
After a leisurely meal, we went home for dessert. El served cupcakes, mine with a candle, they sang The Song, and I opened my presents. Got some nice things, including a coin counter, which I had wanted, a handmade necklace in a tiny mug, and a handmade birthday card from adorable Mr. K.
Then---finally, at long last, I got to smoke the marijuana El had given me weeks ago.  She did, too, although Greg didn't indulge. I had been anxious to see the effects, but was nervous about being alone when I did.
Now I'm still not sure. The thing was, I had had a fair amount of wine at dinner and felt its effects, all right--a nice little buzz. El had said the pot makes you giggly and she and I did, indeed, giggle and laugh a lot while the three of us played gin. However, we often giggle and laugh together, so the question is--was it the marijuana, the wine, or the mother and daughter thing? Not sure, so I'll have to try it again (heh-heh).
We then watched No Country For Old Men, which was well done, but not my cup of tea. I fell asleep in the middle, so went to bed after a lovely celebrating-my-birthday day.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Hey RBM,
Let me know your experience without the vino. Jersey is seriously talking about allowing recreational MJ: it's been legal for medicinal purposes for a while. I have no idea how this retirement community will deal with it. They already have forbidden smoking but hey....there are brownies and gummies etc.
Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration.

Mimi said...

I will let you know, Pat. Does your community allow smoking in one's own apartment? Seems to me, that would be crossing a privacy line if it doesn't. Also, I can see why tobacco smoking isn't permitted in public places, but I do think MJ smoking is different. The smoke doesn't seem to linger in the air, for one thing. Incidentally, El didn't give me MJ in an actual rolled cigarette; what I have is a plastic cylinder with MJ oil in it. You draw on one end and the other glows with a blue light. Seems a lot less messy than the rolled kind. BTW, Pat, did you ever try MJ?

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...