Monday, December 24, 2018

Ellen's And Elsewhere

I slept until practically the middle of the afternoon, 7:30, and skipped Kimball again. El made me a lovely scrambled egg breakfast, we chatted a bit, then I packed up and took off for home. I'll go back today and sleep over again. We'll go to Santa Barbara after opening presents and so on, first to Carolyn's to see Betty's gang, then to Roz'es, Greg's mother, where we've been invited for dinner.,
On the way home, I stopped into The Coalition in town. Their Christmas stuff was half off and wouldn't you know I had to buy two cone/Christmas trees, a pretty Christmas plate, and two Christmas stockings. It's a sickness, I tell you.
Put them in my car, then walked to The Promenade, then to Main; I didn't want to have a day without any exercise at all. Circled back and drove home, first stopping to pick up tomatoes, lettuce, grapes,  zucchinis, and blackberries. On the way, El called to ask me to pick up a bottle of wine for tonight. I got a kick out of her saying, "please pay at least fifteen dollars for it." Ha--she knows how cheap I am! ("But what's wrong with Tisdale at $2.78 a bottle? There's no difference, except it doesn't taste as good.")
After lunch, I cut up about three pounds of tomatoes and two big onions, added olive oil, vinegar, and Italian seasoning, and popped it in the oven. Also cut up the zucchini with onions--cooked them up and froze some.
By the time I was finished my food prep, it was getting late and I decided to drive to BevMo to get the wine, instead of busing. What a madhouse! There were actually police directing traffic, it was so jammed. However, I got a parking space, ran in, got a nice young woman to advise me on what good wine to buy and she directed me. Bought two, one to give Roz as a hostess gift. I thought I had a gift wine bag, but I didn't, so will have to stop and buy one.
Showered, washed my hair, and I'm ready to go back to El's for lunch--yay!


No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...