Friday, December 07, 2018

Rainy Again

It was a somewhat disjointed day, but not bad. The rain was still coming down--or coming down again--when I got up and I didn't walk. I just didn't feel like putting on boots and sloshing around a deserted park for a mile and a half, so shoot me.
 Instead, I got a fair amount of seasonal chores done, such as retrieving my large Christmas angel from the closet, looking over gifts and wrapping, and addressing the descendants' cards, as well as selecting some clothes I'll bring to Betty's to see if she can use them.
Went to the post office to mail off Greg's birthday card and something for my DIL, but came back shortly. I got so engrossed in the Christmas stuff, I didn't stop until lunch. After that, I walked over to Von's for dishwasher detergent. By the time I finished my preliminary stuff, it was 3:00 o'clock and I jettisoned the afternoon town walk, too.
Instead, I took a dry (bus) run to Diane's neighborhood. While I waited for what seemed hours for the second bus, I called the Access van and arranged to be picked up by them today for lunch at Diane's.  However, I still boarded and rode close to her place. Stopped at a shop and bought some cute little napkin holders--gingerbread men and they're so cunning!--gawd, I must be nuts.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...