Sunday, December 30, 2018

FRUSTRATION DAY!

Gad, everything went wrong yesterday!  First of all, I got up at my usual, 5:15, did my usuals, then left for Kimball a little early, about 6:45. But what was this? The entrance gates were closed. I've been there before that early, but they were always open. I guess they were closed because it was Saturday and right after Christmas, so the center and indoor pool were closed.
I drove on to WinCo and got lots of veggies, plus some nice tuna steaks and raw shrimp. Back to Kinball to find the gates open, so did my walk. I met up with Carolyn, whom Bob had told me on Friday had had her hair done in Beverly Hills. Boy, do I love it! She wants to let it go gray and somehow, the stylist mixed in color (blonde) with the gray, so it looks very natural, not "roots gray and the rest colored." The cut, too, is terrific: very short, very youthful in a kind of tousled way. Think I'll ask her today how much she paid--a bundle, I'm sure.
Frustration number 2: Got home for breakfast a little late, at 8:10 or so, and--my newspaper wasn't out front!  Now this is more a disaster than a frustration; how can I have breakfast without my paper? I called and got the message I've gotten in the past that "production problems" had occurred, so the Ventura Star would be late. Damn, how could I eat? I have to read the paper during breakfast, then do the Word Jumble and the crossword puzzles, otherwise, I'd probably get indigestion. But I was hungry, so I grudgingly looked over the T.O.P.S. magazine, about as insipid a publication as I've ever seen. Paper came just after lunch.
Frustration number 3: I had to tackle various errors on my BOA account (middle name and address), just another hassle.
Frustration number 4: My Christmas gifts to my sons, a live donkey and a keyhole garden, both of which were to go to poor families in Africa or Asia, failed to arrive, although I had paid for them. Called the phone number for "Sendacow" and got a message it was no longer in service and to contact them on-line. I did, but haven't heard back.
Frustration number 4: A printer cable, was sent me in error from Amazon, instead of a little extra gift I had gotten for Ellen. I e-mailed and called and so on and hope all is resolved, but it was a hassle.
But, hey, things were looking up later. I finally got out and took the bus to Main, then walked to The Promenade. I went all the way over and up to Main the long way, about twice as long as I usually do. Took the bus home, then went out for a few things.
Suzanne came over while I was cutting up broccoli and we had a nice chat. We commiserated together over the damn Yandoo thing, and will try to change our server. But she also came over to ask if I wanted to go to the Pompano exhibit at the Reagan Library and I sure do. We'll go on Thursday, January in (gulp!) 2019.
It just occurred to me this is a crybaby post and I should be ashamed. But I'm not, so there!

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...