Thursday, December 27, 2018

Settling Back In Day

I slept soundly--I always do at Ellen's--and got up at 6:30. Dressed, poured my coffee, consulted this laptop for mail and so on, and did the jumble and crossword puzzle. El and Greg got up later and she again made me (I'm spoiled, I know it!) eggs and toast. I packed up, said goodbye with many thanks, and left for Ventura.
Much as I enjoyed my Christmas season stay in Ojai, I wanted to get back to my regular routine, so I parked at the museum, walked to The Promenade, then to Main, and back to the car. Stopped to get lettuce and made my lunch salad, as usual.
I picked up both Suzanne's and my mail and found more gifts, including a lovely studio portrait of Tokyo son, his wife, and little boy in traditional robes. I wish I could copy it here, but son forbids it. I also got a wonderful surprise: a 123 And Me ancestry kit from Mike, Paula, and the girls. Can't wait to find out where I came from. The Rosemary tree from dear daughter, El, is now on my coffee table, and I received pottery and a petroglyph pendent from The Other One.
I spent a fair amount of time unpacking, setting up my medication holders, and various other everyday chores. Sent text messages to all four of my children, either with thanks, or to respond to theirs. Also texted nephew, Wes, to tell him I'll send the Byrne genealogy book tomorrow (just to borrow) and got a nice note back.
Other than that, I walked only around the corner and back in the afternoon, stopping at Von's for blueberries. By the time I finished all the Facebook stuff I put on, it was time for din-din (6:00) and I was tired of the computer, anyway.*
*Or, as a childhood friend of mine used to say, "anyways."

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...