Saturday, October 10, 2026

FRIDAY AND THE HIGH LIFE

Poundage report: Well, I lost, but such miniscule amounts it'll take me a year to get back to my desired weight. I was down .02 at home and .05 at T.O.P.S. for respective weights of 140.8 and 142. 

I sat down to lunch with Kathie, LaVerne, Paula, and Denise. Since I was the fifth one at the table for four, Denise moved over and I moved in. To my, and everyone else's surprise, LaVerne, without a word, got up and moved to the next table. According to Kathie, LaVerne had said five at the table "wasn't proper." I had already had the idea that LaVerne was somewhat judgemental about Kathie and my occasional choice of salty language and maybe, my lack of religious belief. 

At 2:00, I went down to Happy Hour, which featurered one of my favorites, the Dynamic Duo:  

Pam sang many of the old favorites--those by Sinatra, The Platters, Sam Cooke, and others. It was great fun and all enjoyed it.

Paula and I had dinner together just the two of us, as our other regulars stayed in their apartments. I was pleased when she mentioned what I was about to myself: that it was nice occasionally to be able to talk one-on-one. Yes and I like Paula more and more as I get to know her. It's funny that I think of her as much younger than I am--about my daughters' ages, in the sixties--when she's actually over 80. There's something so young about her--and I mean that in a good way.

Slept well and I'm looking forward to a John Lennon bio documentary in the multi-purpose room at 1:00 and quarter Bingo at 2:00--wow, I'm leading the high life!  😜 

No comments:

FRIDAY AND THE HIGH LIFE

Poundage report: Well, I lost, but such miniscule amounts it'll take me a year to get back to my desired weight. I was down .02 at home ...