Monday, October 05, 2026

SUNDAY

Lunch with the usuals, aside from LaVerne, who didn't show. Entree was shrimp, which was good, as was the salad, rice, and asparagus. After we ate, I put together my RX meds for the week, both morning and night, plus the vitamens and supplements.  

At 2:00, we gathered in the dining room for Chef Michael's olive oil presentation. He had a display of, and explained a lot about,various olives and olive oils. The spread was delicous, especially the coarse bread dipped in balsamic, also the olives of various kinds. We all enjoyed it and I brought some home to eat as a T.V. snack.

Chef Michael setting up.

There was considerably more than this once he finished.

While I was there, Ellen called to see if I was available tomorrow, Tuesday, to go to Santa Barbara, meet niece Carolyn for lunch, then go see Betty. Yes, indeed, and I'll call the Access Van to take me to Ellen's; she'll take me home.

I got a text and pictures from Susan, my Soaring Spirits friend. She's in San Diego at a dog show and  here she is:
Susan's the one on the right with her adorable little Gismo. I'm going to skip Soaring Spirits lunch this time, as Susan's out of town and I  have outings the next two days, anyway. 

Had dinner with Paula and LaVerne; Kathie didn't show, which isn't unusual. I skipped the so-called Philly cheese steak for a large vegetable salad (well, I guess all salad's are vegetable, but this had additions). 

No comments:

SUNDAY

Lunch with the usuals, aside from LaVerne, who didn't show. Entree was shrimp, which was good, as was the salad, rice, and asparagus. Af...