Saturday, October 03, 2026

FRIDAY AND MEMORIES OF KEITH

When Mary Ann picked me up for T.O.P.S., I told her I preferred not to go to breakfast after all. I was tired and just didn't feel up to it. She was okay with that and maybe we'll go next week. At home, I was down four tenths of a pound to 141 even; at the meeting, down .5 to 141. Big whoops, but at least it wasn't up. Sharon had one of her snappy outfits on, this one including a matching hat:


Home, I changed, then napped for an hour before going down to lunch. Only Paula was there, then Bea joined us. I knew Denise was on the thrift store and lunch trip, but Kathie wasn't there, either. I was stunned when LaVonne came up to me and gave me this card: 
* See below.

LaVonne said she had found it in a book in our library. Presumably, Keith as taken the book out and used the card as as bookmark. Re the note on the card, which mentions it was for his thirty-fifth birthday--that was forty-four years ago. I'm amazed LaVonne gave it to me and I greatly appreciate it; I'll cherish it.

After lunch, I stopped in to see Mindy and she apolozied profusely that she hadn't called me: It seems the group that pedals the "bike" couldn't find anyone able to get here, so it was cancelled. Hey, that was okay with me. Although I enjoyed it when I went before, I was pretty sure Kathie had forgotten. I called her and yes, she had. It turned out okay, but if it had gone as planned and Kathie didn't show, I would have been very much annoyed.

Went to Happy Hour at 3:00 and enjoyed the violinest/singer, who first played classical music...


...then turned into Elvis:


It was great fun and I had a Margarita and popcorn, too. Although that was shortly before dinner, I ate the chicken bowl and it was pretty good. Sat with Kathie, LaVerne, Paula, and Denise and we had our usual free-ranging talk, peppered with laughs and a few appropriate naughty words.

I was pleased to get a Facetime call from son Mike and we had a good chat. He said Violet was doing well at SCAD and he sent me some pictures and a video she had taken. 

* On the card:  "You're 35 now and for 15 years, it's been a friendship and I am looking forward to another 50 more. Best wishes on your birthday!  Boris (?) & Shelly" 

No comments:

FRIDAY AND MEMORIES OF KEITH

When Mary Ann picked me up for T.O.P.S., I told her I preferred not to go to breakfast after all. I was tired and just didn't feel up to...