Friday, October 02, 2026

Thursday

 I had every intention of going to Bone Builders, but didn't get there, due to a nap that ran over. 

Had lunch with Kathie, LaVerne, and Paula and skipped the pork chop entree for my yummy bagels and lox (salmon). After, Jeanne Painter called and we had a good, long conversation. She had attended George Wimberg's ninetieth birthday in July and told me about it, also the fact that George's wife is in hosptice with Alzheimer's and other problems. The three Wimberg sisters, Lois, Carole, and Joan had jointly bought a house in Hawaii and invited Jeanne to come visit--she may or may not. Anyway, it was fun to hear again from the prettiest girl in our graduating class.

At 3;30, I attended the final "Japan Month" presentation, by a woman named Leanette, who is of Japanese decent. She was born here, but lived in Sapporo, Japan with her military husband and family:

Leanette and I posed with the Japanese display I provided. 
Leanette was accompanied by another Japanese woman. In front of them is the Kota, a Japanese instrument Leanette played.
 She also shared scrapbooks and other items with the audience.

I spoke to Leanette after and learned that she comes to the "Hawaian Meeting" at our clubhouse every Saturday. I may go over and join them sometime.

Directly after the presentation we had dinner; I sat with Kathie, Paula, and Denise. Unfortuantely, Paula, with whom I had scheduled the "rickshaw" type ride for this afternoon, told me she was unable to go. I asked Kathie if she'd like to and she will. T.O.P.S. first, of course. Mary Ann will pick me up and no, I'm not optimistic, but who knows what? I don't.  

After dinner, I put in a white wash, retrieving it later just before I changed into my jammies. I've seen a resident now and then--once in a while, not often--got get their laundry while dressed in robe and slippers. I'm not going to be doing that.  

No comments:

Thursday

 I had every intention of going to Bone Builders, but didn't get there, due to a nap that ran over.  Had lunch with Kathie, LaVerne, and...