I went downstairs at 8:00 an to have Katherine to pick me up at 8:15. She's not usually late, but it got to be 8:25 and she still wasn't here. Hey, maybe she texted me she'd be late, so I looked--oops, she had said she'd pick me up at 8:55, not 8:15--my mistake. She got here just when she said she would and off we went to the Oxnard Yacht Club. The program had an anthropolgist outlining the human history of the Santa Monica mountains area, starting 13,000 years ago and was very interesting:
We didn't go to lunch after, which was fine by me. I was home by 11:30 and had lunch with Kathie, LaVerne, and Paula. After, I put in a large load of wash, then did twenty minutes on the stationary bike. Retreived my wash and hung the ones I don't put in the dryer on my patio/porch. It's so hot I knew they'll be dry by dinnertime.
At the BCNN meeting, I saw Judy A., who's a friend of my T.O.P.S. friend, Bobbi R. What's interesting about Bobbi (who's two years younger than I am) is that she had been an au pair in Ventnor during her high school summers; she lived in Brooklyn. Heavens, it's quite possible we had seen each other. I called Bobbi and unfortunately, she isn't doing too well. I knew both she and her husband have cancer and seem to be facing the end. I hope they get a reprieve.
I went downstairs to have the visiting nurse take my BP. Hey, this had happened before: Far from experiencing the well-known "white coat syndrome (higher BP because of nervousness), I registered 134/73, better than I usually get on my own.
Had dinner with Paula, Denise, and LaVerne and it was lasagna--really delish and accompanied by a good salad and sides.
Ellen called to fill me in on her getting my rental insurance (which is required of residents here). She'll bring the papers when she picks me up on Monday for my Primary Medical appointment and will bring the lemons and detergent I requested, too.
I was surprised and pleased to get a text from my ex-daughter-in-law, Paula, asking how I was doing. I wrote back and we had nice exchange. I still care for her and am glad the divorce unpleasantness seems to be over--or at least put on the back burner.

No comments:
Post a Comment