Friday, October 09, 2026

THURSDAY AND OKTOBERFEST

 The day was a little draggy at first. I didn't get up until 7:30, then mostly lazed around until lunch. I had that with Kathie, Paula, and LaVerne. After, I ordered from Amazon, low-cal peanut butter, no sugar added candy, and some unmentionables--all right, adult underware, why be subtle?

Went outside to sit in the 85 degree sunshine for a bit. While there, I called Mary Hoffman, with whom I hadn't spoken for months. We graduated from HSHS together in 1954, although she's 13 months older than I am. We had a good chat and will keep in touch.

I went in after that to enjoy the German-themed Oktoberfest, starting at 4:00 pm with cocktails; it was a lot of fun and here's the print-out about it:


Above: The first floor was decorated nicely.
Many of the staff were in Germany-theme attire; here are Director Tiffany and Activities Directory Mindy

Maintenance guy, Joe
Our van driver, Rick
The servers were in German-themed outfits, too. Here's one of my favorites, Anthony; BTW, he wasn't able to serve me my beer--too young.

Anyway, the food was good and entertainment was terrific--German dancers who brought the house down: 
Several residents dressed up, too, and helped with the occasion:
Residents Katherine and Mary as pretend barmaids.

Today T.O.P.S., to which--again--I'm not looking forward. Mary Ann is still overwhemed, but Cheryl will pick me up. BTW, I have no idea while the print has turned blue, but oh, well...

No comments:

THURSDAY AND OKTOBERFEST

 The day was a little draggy at first. I didn't get up until 7:30, then mostly lazed around until lunch. I had that with Kathie, Paula, ...