Sunday, October 04, 2026

SATURDAY

 Noreen called me at 7:00 am  to say she had picked up some Halloween-y things for me--what a sweetheart. I want to see her soon for lunch. Sat with Paula and Denise for lunch here, then went to the "store," where I used funny money to buy a packet of nuts and hangers. Signed and dropped off  my rent raise notice, which starts November 1.

Down to quarter Bingo at 2:00 and I played my usual four cards. I won twice and replenished my supply. We then switched to dime Bingo and I won one there, too. 

Nothing much else going on today, except I straightened up the apartment a bit. Went downstairs to take my artifacts out of the showcase, since it's now October and the new theme is Octoberfest. Did a few other little chores, which are too boring to mention except they included dusting and so on. 

I was pleased when my friend, Kathryn, texted me to ask if I wanted to go the BCNN meeting on Wednesday. Yes, indeed, and she'll pick me up at 8:15.

Had dinner with the usuals, five of us at a table for four, but that's okay. Chef Michael had a new banner put up:

I know they're promoting the Mediterranean diet, in which I'm interested and today, Chef Mike will do a seminar and tasting on olives and olive oil; I'm looking forward to it. 

No comments:

SATURDAY

 Noreen called me at 7:00 am  to say she had picked up some Halloween-y things for me--what a sweetheart. I want to see her soon for lunch. ...