Thursday, March 21, 2024

Wednesday

Met Diane for one of our library lunches and, as ever, we talked and talked and talked. Said goodbye about 2:30 and I walked to the bank to get check registers, then to The Market. I'm beginning to wonder if The Market is going out of business: It's been poorly stocked for some time and I didn't even buy anything yesterday. 

Bused home and realized I hadn't yet done anything with the three pounds of baby yellow potatoes I had bought at WinCo. I looked on line an found a good and very simple recipe. Cut them in half, season with garlic powder, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper, drizzle in olive oil, roast on parchment paper and oh, mama, were they good.  Had enough left for several more servings, so stowed some in the freezer and will have some tonight,

Suzanne invited Vickie and me for happy hour either today or Sunday, but Vickie's in a billiards tournament, so we decided to postpone until April. 

Called Noreen and told her I really wasn't anxiou to go to Comic Potential a second time, so we decided to meet for lunch tomorrow--Friday--instead.   

Darn, I slept poorly last night, after a good run for several weeks (this seems to be a pattern for me). Maybe I'll take a nap later today.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...