Monday, March 18, 2024

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to coax the lovely curls out. (Darn! What I would have given to have such hair!) We set off for Lake Casitas' about noon, stopping first to look at a house, as Ellen might be interested in moving after she retires.

Lake Casitas was beautiful as ever and this is just a taste of the sun-dappled water, the hills and trees, and overall lovely setting that Ellen lives near. 

We had lunch at the restaurant overlooking the lake. I had a "breakfast burrito," since I had seen the lunch size and it was enough to feed three people.  They have draft beer, too, and I took the server's suggestion to try the locally-brewed Transition IPA.  He gave me a sample and yes, indeed, it was right down my alley--windpipe, that is.

After, we roamed the lake area, taking in the scenery, boaters, and picnickers enjoying the lovely area--pictures don't do it justice. Left about 4:00 and I was taken home after stopping at Target for provisions. 

Soaring Spirits for dinner today, then I have some free days. Must call Noreen, as we've discussed lunch and also Comic Potential. Can't decide if I want to go again or not. Also, Stella called about meeting for lunch, which I want to do, as she's the gold standard when I comes to testing the hearing aids. 

Hmm: It's now 6:45 am (I slept late) and I just got a call from an r.e. agent, asking if I want to sell my house in Jersey. Mike is constantly getting these calls for his house in Florida, so I guess the market is hot all over.   

Note: Although my companions wore green (I forgot) and I had sent the kids St. P. day cards, we really weren't into it yesterday. We talked about the fact that, although it's observed in a way on the west coast, it isn't nearly the thing it is across country.  The history of immigration makes clear why Cinco de Mayo celebrations are much more exuberant. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you meant your esophagus….you’d be dead if it went down your windpipe.

How’d did U know I was Pamela Mason Roccola?….Mason was my 3rd husband and Roccola my 4th. I didn’t like either of them but they had huge estates which are now mine.

BTW, when I lived in San Francisco I don’t remember any big event for St. Patrick’s Day. You’re right …those coffin ships from Ireland all landed in Boston and NYC.

Cheers,
PMR

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...