Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Monday

This laptop has been very slow, so I packed it up and took it over to Asurion, right next to Von's. The guy told me it was old. things were wearing out, so I should probably get a new one. Went from there to the post office for a few things, then back home. 

I had planned to keep my appointment with the audiologist at 2:30, then go to Miramar (eye) to get the RX filled, then to Community Memorial to negotiate about the $90 charges. However, I scrapped all that when Rick for Yondoo Communications called to say he was on-campus and could he stop to look at my devices? Switched the ear appointment for 11:30 today and will fit in the other stops I want to make, which are in the same general area.

Rick was here for an hour and he changed my modem, then--incredibly--restored my Firestick. He may have even fixed it so I can get cable, took, but once he left, I didn't remember how. I don't care, though, as I prefer what's on the paid stuff. I actually sat down in daylight and watched Super Size Me, which came out twenty years ago. I have the book Fast Food Nation, published in 2001, which follows a similar theme: the danger of the crappy fast-food that seems to still have such a hold on this country. 

Went over to Von's for goodies--i.e. apples, spinach, and broccoli. Scrubbed and trimmed the two pounds of carrots I had bought the other day and popped them in the slow cooker with white wine and Italian seasoning. Prepared the broccoli and along with leftover chicken and kidney beans, had that for yummy dinner.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...