Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Tuesday

Did mucho work on the patio and a lot was accomplished: weeding and clearing out; the removal of several plants; alive and artificial; selecting pots, shelving, and other gardening items for removal; washing the others; and a multitude of other tasks.

That was finished by 2:00 and then it was off to COSTCO for my sixty dollar membership refund. Stopped at the post office, but it was so jammed (why on Tuesday afternoon? Dunno), I left. Went back later in the day and it still was, so I'll walk over there this morning.

The high point of the day: I kept my 3:00 hearing aid appointment and got them. Amanda walked me through the whole thing, the  most troublesome being insertion, but I'm going to keep at it until it works. After, it was dinner at the new Thai place right across at the Von't shopping center. It was so good.

Home, then a lot of time spent on the right way to insert the aids. It's so frustrating, as I've my fingers have gotten so clumsy, but I'll keep with it. Overall, I'm very pleased with them, especially as I'm able to regulate sound and other factors via my phone. Also, wonderfully helpful is that they don't have batteries, but a charger, so I don't have to fumble around trying to insert the tiny things.  

Julie called to say she has a cold and isn't going to the BCNN meeting today. Just as well for me, because I've mentioned before, I find the meetings so-so; what I enjoy most is the lunch after. I want to do some minor modification of the patio, anyway, plus maybe finally get to Ralph's.

Confession time: Something happened this past Saturday, that I didn't want to mention, but I've changed my mind. While I was emptying my newspaper waste into the recycle bin (the lid of which you have to hold up), I cut my lower arm on a piece of particle board. Thought I should get a tetanus shot, so bused to the hospital, went to the emergency room, was there two hours, got the shot and four stitches, then bused home. I've been following instructions as to treating it and, luckily, there's no sign of infection. I go back on Sunday to get the stitches out. Must go early, as friends and I are attending Comic Potential at 5:00.   

💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟💟

Re the pictures yesterday of the Soaring Spirits gang. Our leader and my dear friend, Vera, took them, so wasn't shown and I didn't want to leave her out. Not yet fifty and having just lived through a breast cancer scare, she's thrilled and overjoyed to be alive--and it shows: 

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...