Monday, March 25, 2024

Sunday

No paper today, dammit. When I called the "didn't get my paper" number, the recording said that "because of production problems, your paper will be two to three hours late."  But it wasn't--it was twenty-four hours late; didn't come until this morning.

Aside from that frustration, it was an enjoyable day that included a drive into town, a stop at Office Depot, a visit to  my tax accountant, Michelle, and a brisk walk on The Promenade during a coolish and extremely windy day.  The ocean was wild:

...but the parasailers were out--intrepid souls that they are: 
The Promenade includes a kind of memorial garden of stones, commemorating the deceased, animal and human:

There is also a dragon on the beach!
EEK!
Anyway, it was much fun and the last stop was a nod to my IRS defender, Michelle. Gave her my info, but wouldn't you know, there was something from Vanguard (investment firm) I forgot. Found it when I got home, called her, and she'll stop to pick it at today.

Nothing much else new and exciting except that I put in a bleach wash when I got home. Yowsah! Today, I want to go the cleaners/seamstress and get back the skirt I had left. I found the other one and will try it with the rest of the Dudley House costume. If it looks reasonably suitable for the eighteen-nineties, I'll wear that. Otherwise, I'll go thrifting again and will donate the ruffled one to Dudley House. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...