Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yesterday was a cooking-and-preparing-for-Thanksgiving day. I was determined to make the turkey gravy myself and found a recipe in the NYTimes. Overall, it took nine hours, but most of that was just simmering in the pot. Also, I almost burned the house down, but got the fire out right away. I haven't even made the gravy itself yet, just the stock. I was a bit disappointed it didn't make more, but it still may be worth it. I may even use the same general idea to make chicken gravy one of these days.
The nurse is coming today to give Pat a flu shot. Other than that, nothing to report except doing mounds of wash, about four loads. Oh, how exciting is Mimi's life!

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...