Thursday, November 27, 2008

Spent the day cooking up a storm again. Made the stuffing and pie crust, sliced the apples for the crisp, made the sweet potatoes sprinkled with lime, and assembled ingredients for the other dishes. I still have to stuff the bird, roll out the crust and make the pumpkin pie, mash the potatoes, bake the pie and crisp, etc., etc.
I was horrified at the bombings in Mumbai--even more because of the real possibility Mike and Paula were there. I e-mailed and he called; they weren't, but one attack was at a hotel is where they stayed a few months ago. Mike sent a spectacularly beautiful cornucopia with fresh flowers, plus a lovely about-to-flower Christmas cactus, from Calyx where he always orders. They're about the best flower company there is--pricey, but everything arrives perfectly and lasts a long time. I found them outside the door and opened them while he was on the phone. They're both gorgeous and the cornucopia will grace our Thanksgiving table tonight.
Wider note: From Anti-War. Com on Obama's appointments:
"It's now likely that not one of those posts will be filled with someone who either voted against the war in Iraq as a member of Congress or who, from outside Congress, vocally opposed the war. Not one."
Oh, there's a lot more, but it's too depressing to record. How disturbing, ominous, and disheartening that the Great Black Hope is just a warmonger like all the rest. Where do we go from here? To oblivion, I'm afraid.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Well, I don't agree with ALL your points, Anon, but generally I wouldn't argue.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...