Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Our trip to the movies yesterday ("Pride and Prejudice"--it was great) points up a little problem that sometimes arises with my WW schedule. Because I go to exercise or elsewhere in the morning most days, I eat breakfast late, usually at 10 or later. Then I eat a late lunch, sometime between 1:30 and 2:30; otherwise, I'm not yet hungry for lunch, plus I get TOO hungry before dinner at 6:00. Well, we left for the movies at 1:00, so I had a dilemma: It was almost 11:00 before I had breakfast, but it would be past 4:00 when we got home, so what to do? Well, this isn't ideal, but I cooked up a delicious winter squash (I think an acorn squash) and had that. It was 0 points, which brought my points way under for the day, but I compensated by having 45--yes, I counted out 45--pretzel sticks that night, adding 2 points.
Today, I have a more difficult adjustment to make: a Drama Club meeting at 1:00, which should last until 3:30. Guess I'll do something similar to the above to get past it. (Incidentally, the slow cooker chicken last night was delicious.)
Later: Just got back from exercise in the clubhouse (Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away the Pounds: the 3-Mile Walk") with neighbor Susan. We do this Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 8 am, and she stops for me on the other days and we take a walk through the community of about a mile.
Every Wednesday night--that's tonight!--we go out to dinner with five other couples. Dinner out is another test, with which adventures in weight loss land abound. What can I order that stays within the points boundaries? What if I suddenly lose control and grab every edible in sight and/or attack the bread basket? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...