Sunday, November 27, 2005

I'm continuing to "follow the program" to a major extent. The only thing I have a problem with is getting all the milk and fruit in--well, I guess that's two problems. I have plenty of fresh fruit in the house, but tend to ignore it as I'd rather spend the calories on other things. Yesterday, I had my usual breakfast (2 slices of WW bread with a cup of cottage cheese and a small glass of orange juice) and lunch (a turkey breast sandwich and a bowl--2 cups, 2 points--of dump soup), but a weird and not entirely WW-approved dinner. Because I resolved to get my 2 teaspoons of oil in, I again used it to cook onions, peppers, and mushrooms, and just ate that and a baked potato. It satisfied me and later, I had my special nightly treat of popcorn (the whole bag) and wine (4 oz.).
Incidentally, I don't mind fat-free mayo and the point (and calorie) savings are enormous. You just have to regard it as a different spread, as it tastes nothing like mayo, if you ask me. I also use the "buttery spray" on veggies, popcorn, and whatever. To a certain extent, it gives the illusion of butter--I think.
Sister Betty in California is following the WW program, too, but by the back door: She doesn't go to meetings, just does it herself. I get a lot out of the meetings: I like the lecturer (Chris), and enjoy being there with people I know. I NEVER weigh myself at home, so the weigh-in is important to me. It's true it costs something ($120 for 11 meetings--up front because they're held at our clubhouse), but it's worth it to me. To each her own...
Of course, with all this blah, blah, blah--I ate this, I did that, I think the other thing--the real test will be on Tuesday if I lose weight.
I can't imagine being able to just live without obsessing about my weight, up or down. How do normally configured people do it?

1 comment:

Mrs. Geezerette said...

Mimi, congratulations on your efforts to stick with the WW so far. I understand it is a great program.

I was wondering if WW would allow you to make yourself a smoothie in the morning consisting of the milk product, some fruit (I put apple, banana, and blueberries in mine),your vegetable oil (I use flax oil) and a whey protein supplement (you can get them flavored.) I make my husband and myself a smoothie nearly every morning.

Hubby's weight has come down a little,because he was placed on a diabetic diet recently due to early signs of a pre-diabetic condition (glucose sensitivity.) But we got off our exercise program that he was placed on due to the heart attack he suffered about 18 months ago. We need to get back to the exercising.

My weight is okay, but I see it is creeping up there now that I am less active.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...