Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Tuesday

Got my 73-page lease via email and spent time electronically initially every single page. For some reason, it didn't allow me to add my contact information and I have questions to ask, but will ask about them later. 

On a more agreeable note, I received two shipments: a large, heavy box containing my OTC choices for this quarter and a smaller one from Amazon with the folders, calcium citrate, and ibuprofen I had ordered. Wow, I had filled out the forms only two days ago--way to go, Scan and Amazon. 

Showered, washed my hair, and dressed to meet Rosa out front. She picked up at 1:00 and we decided on Finney's Crafthouse. Rosa had never been there, but I have many times and I like it a lot. I noticed this sign on a table near ours and got a kick out of it--my sentiments, exactly!

Got a Chief Peak IPA and was obscurely pleased when Rosa also ordered a beer.  Most of my friends either don't drink at all or stick to lady-like wine or cocktails. Nothing wrong with that, and I like them, too, but rarely indulge. Beer contains much fewer alcohol and I don't want the little buzz I enjoy to be an overwhelming roar. 

Roaa and I proceeded to have a long, intimate conversation, filling each other in on our dissimilar backgrounds. She is 69, a retired teacher, long divorced, with one son, a police officer in Oxnard, three grandchildren, and a tendency to low self-esteem. She talked about her birth family and I was fascinated by the fact that her father, after he emigrated from Mexico, eventually earned a doctorate (can't recall in what discipline), (She also said he was "a womanizer.")  We laughed--ruefully, as the saying goes--over the fact that we both often second-guess ourselves and have much too much a tendency to self-blame.

Didn't get home until almost 4:00 and nothing much else of note went on yesterday. Now it's 4:49 and I'm wondering why in the world I made an 8:00 appointment with my new dentists this morning. Am being picked up by Lyft between 7:20 and 7:30, darn it. Lunch at 1:00 with Diane and I hope to get an hour nap in before I walk to the library place.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...