Friday, September 06, 2019

Vanguard And The Hayseeds

I actually got a few more chores done yesterday. I dry-mopped the hard floors, went through and re-organized the medicine cabinet, and submitted Ellen's name (after asking her permission) to Vanguard to act as my "trusted contact." This doesn't mean she can get her greedy hands on my millions,* just that, if Vanguard thinks I've gone dotty, they can contact her.
Went to town after lunch and took the Stephen King book back--it was very short, unlike his usual enormous tomes and frankly, slight and trite. The only mildly interesting aspect was that one of the main characters was a lesbian, which I understand his daughter is. She's in a wheel chair here because she has some kind of autoimmune disorder.

I put the picture on here because I find it incredible that the family of somebody who may be among the 100 most famous people in the world, who is surely a millionaire many times over or even a billionaire, who, presumably, has access, and whose family has access, to the best decorators, clothes, jewels, body spas, makeup, and anything else to make them glamorous, is sitting in this, let's face it, kitchen of such mediocrity I wouldn't want it in my present circumstances, let alone if I had the wealth of the world in my pocket and who look, frankly, like the ordinary bumpkins you can see anywhere, the Hayseed family from Upper Japip, sloppily dressed and overweight and gathered around a truly second-rate, early American table that went out with the nineteen-sixties.
I find this SO utterly and completely charming--I love it!
Anyhoo, I saw two things in a store I thought I might buy--measured them and they'll fit where I want them, but do I really want them, let alone need them? I'll think about it. Shrimp and lots of fresh veggies for dinner, and they were yummy. Went out after dinner to get gas, mourning already for the day I won't have to do that.
Via text, I was invited to a surprise birthday party for Dean M., of Fractured Actors. I'd like to go, but just am not sure of how to get there. Also, if I took the Access Van, I'd have to call today. Well, I'll think about it.
Today: Suzanne and I are going to the Da Vinci exhibit at the Reagan Library (well, I guess Ronnie was good for something).
*If Ellen or any of my children need/want any or all of my money, they can have it just for the asking. But they never do.

No comments:

Sunday And Susan

A fairly busy morning and lots of contacts--to wit: --Former tenant, Susan, texted that she'll be near my house, turn on the outside wat...