Thursday, September 12, 2019

Cutting Down On Commitments

The fact that the Internet is suddenly back on when I did nothing to change it (the innumerable times I unplugged and rebooted did nothing) and the fact that I had done nothing when it went out, makes me believe the fault lies with Yondoo, the crapola kings of the world.
Anyhoo, Linda, from Senior Theatre, picked Teresa (who's a newby, also)  and me up and took us t Sacred Heart School for the reading/play. The other guest, Beverly, also arrived, and we sat on chairs behind the second graders, who sat on the floor.
As at the rehearsal, it was very well done. Consisting of three "mouse family" stories, it was read and acted out expertly and the children loved it. I asked a little more about the group, which has been in existence for twenty years.  I'll definitely see if Ellen is interested.
Interestingly, there was a treasurer's report at the Tuesday rehearsal; their balance is over two thousand dollars. This accumulation presumably comes from the fact that they charge the school--I hope the teachers don't pay it!--fifty dollars per performance. Now why would they need so much in the treasury, when the props and costumes are minimum? Doesn't seem to make sense to me, but that wouldn't keep me from joining. However--and it's a big caveat--what would and will is the time and commitment, which is formidable. They rehearse every Tuesday from 1:00 to 3:00, then perform at least once a week and often more. So-o-o, I've decided not to join.
I also finally galvanized my resolve enough to tell Fern that I am not going to continue Toastmasters. I have little interest in it and it's a hell of a lot of work. I wrote out an email which I haven't yet sent, but will today. It outlines the major reasons for not continuing: because I want to search out auditions, continue working on my plays, and do other things in which I have more interest. In truth, I also find the meetings boring and some of the members ditto.
Noreen and I made a date for lunch on Tuesday. We're going to attend an "educational hearing seminar" and a free lunch at Mimi's restaurant.  I actually want to look into an aid and might has well get the lowdown this way.
I have a doctor's appointment for my annual physical in an hour--UGH!  At least, I can look forward to Happy Hour this afternoon at Lemon y sal.
So far, the Internet is still up; let's hope it stays that way.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Got worried there for a day. Glad you're back and blogging.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Patti!

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...