Sunday, September 15, 2019

The Bargain Box

Got the bus to the transit center and met Diane across the street for the Bargain Box big fifty percent off sale. They had a lot of nice things, but luckily, I decided not to indulge in much--just got two pillow cases and let it go at that.
We had planned on lunch at Mimi's, but Diane hadn't realized it was on the other side of the mall. That's a fair distance and she said she's been unusually tired lately. If that continues, I urged her to consult her doctor, who I assume would order a blood test see if her hemoglobin is low. She may or may not do that. Diane is one of those new-agey people who takes a array of supplements because somebody somewhere said they were necessary if you want to live to be really, really old. She's the quantum-physics-and-your-thoughts-rule-the-world girl seems never to have met a wacky idea or cockamamie belief she didn't like. Of course, if it's supported by solid evidence science, she thinks it's a conspiracy.
But hey, I like her gutsy spirit. She approached the manager of the Crown Plaza (a big hotel on the beach), suggesting that she give her mediation class there, in return for living free of charge at the hotel. Strangely, he hasn't responded after she approached him (by text) three times.
I suggested Allison's Cafe, s few stores down and we had lunch there. It was okay, but nothing special. After, we boarded different buses for home. I did some household chores, then drove to various stores for grapes, Polident, and toilet cleaner.
Boy, was it hot. I actually toyed with the idea of going to the pool, but didn't feel like going to the trouble. Besides, my apartment, although it doesn't have AC, is actually pretty comfortable. Suzanne had left a paper about an Alzheimer's program coming up next Wednesday in Oxnard and I want to go to that. I stopped at her place to thank her and we chatted for a bit.
Note: I haven't mentioned here that I've had trouble sleeping for the last several weeks. I fall asleep quickly (after my half hour or so of reading), but wake for the usual somewhere between 1:00 and 3:00, then find it hard to get back to sleep. Last night, though, was better, so I hope the insomnia  siege is over.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...