Sunday, September 17, 2017

Ho-Hum

Ho-hum, a pretty ordinary day. Walked Kimball, then after breakfast, finally used the nice red apples I bought the other day and made applesauce. Spent several hours on flyers for my new Acting for Amateurs class, plus revising and cleaning up some plays. I listed it on Meetup, but that got screwed up and I contacted the outfit. Hope I can edit and modify the listing. I want to send info about the class to the Ventura Star and The Breeze, also. Finished Laughing at my Nightmare and started on a book on hoarding.
After lunch, went to town, as ever, and walked the afternoon walk. Stayed an hour in the library reading about the Charles Starkweather murders and the Andrea Yates (drowned all five of her children) murders. I remember when both of those horrors happened, although the former was in the fifties.
Stopped at Goodwill and bought--A RUBBER CHICKEN! Yes, everyone needs a rubber chicken, especially an 80-year-old woman who lives alone. Okay, I just couldn't resist and I'll probably write a one-acter around it.

4 comments:

iloveac said...

Looking forward to reading about that chicken.

Mimi said...

I'll let you know what I dream up. Hmm...are you jealous because you don't have a rubber chicken? I don't blame you.

iloveac said...

No, I'm not jealous. I always thought they were creepy looking. I bet you can make me wish I had one...LOL>

Mimi said...

HA!

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...