Monday, September 21, 2020

Good Sunday

A good Sunday, as it turned out.  I called Nancy early and we had a good talk. I was pretty sure she wouldn't attend Soaring Spirits this evening, and she concurred. She still has major problems with her knee, plus of course, the chronic anemia and, I'm afraid, other problems. 

Called the Access Van and made arrangements to be taken to Thille Park at 5:00 for our gathering today, then taken home at 7:00. I would ordinarily walk or at least, take the bus down Victoria, but since I'll be carrying a folding chair, I decided on this. It's still free, but I always give a two buck tip, anyway.

I walked to the Market and back, so got three miles in, I'm happy to note. I decided not to take a nap, because I was afraid it would hinder my sleep last night.* 

Suzanne met me outside and we discussed the pool situation (being closed on weekends, that is). She seems to accept it as natural, because somebody broke the "rules", to punish everybody, but I don't believe in collective guilt. However, she's the one who uses it and I almost never do, so the heck with it for now. I was pleased when she asked if I wanted to meet out front at 5:00 and chat. Yes, indeed; my policy is, "never turn down an invitation."

Called Ellen and we chatted for just a few minutes. Can't wait to see my girls together in just a few days.

I walked over to Von's after lunch to replenish my beer supply (I usually only buy it for specific occasions) and was delighted to see they had Sapporo, which is from Vietnam; actually, I drank it for the first time in Vietnam, a place I'd love to visit again. Jasmine Thai and the Japanese restaurant here also carry it. I bought two: one for last evening out front and one for tonight at Thille Park.

When Suzanne and I came out of our respective apartments, she brought me a beautiful rose from her garden:

We then sat and talked for almost an hour, covering her niece's upcoming wedding in Idaho, for which Suzanne will leave on Thursday and return on the twenty-ninth, the same day I leave. We discussed various other topics, but always and forever, the conversation got around to COVID, its dangers, its effects, how everybody must fall down screaming at the very thought of it, the horrible future, the shit being shoveled out to the populace--oh, wait, strike that last. I forgot, we're all supposed to take for granted the only response to this situation is to indoctrinate little children that people should be assumed to be dangerous enemies until proven otherwise. Why, yes, I have a problem with that. 

Now I must consult my list of "to do" before I go, and work on at least some of them.  

* I slept like a stone and didn't get up at all until 6:05--yay!

NOTE: This new Blogger format is just so annoying. Initially, it forced double spaces between paragraphs, but adding to it here, it didn't. Why? Why is the grass green?



No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...