Saturday, September 26, 2020

Sharon, Salmon, And Good Company

Sharon called me again before T.O.P.S. to say she was still suffering from a variety of ailments and wouldn't be there. I honestly fear she might actually expire one days soon; I hope not. 

I took to the gathering six or seven of the limes from the community tree and they were pleased to get them. This time, there were only four besides me, though. I knew Lennie was in Idaho and Sharon was unwell, but that's still a small group.  Lora and Susan  used to come, along with others, so what happened to them, I don't know. Anyway, I weighed 129 at home and 129.4 on the T.O.P.S. scale, so an insignificant gain of about .04--no biggie.

Bobbi stayed chatting while I waited out front for the Access Van. It came and took me to Jessica Nails fearfully early. However, they took me early, too, which is good in a way, but I was out of there a half hour before pickup of 11:00 and, wouldn't you know, the van was about fifteen late after that. However, I got home okay and now my tooties are all ready for the Grand Canyon.

I went over to Von's after lunch to pick up some things for company dinner. I got seasoned, frozen salmon, which I've had before and is so good and easy to prepare; just line a pan foil and pop them in a 400 degree oven for twenty minutes or so. Also bought mashed potatoes already made up, which I never had before. These just went in the microwave. Picked up a large cauliflower, too, and had the leftover roasted carrots. Along with the nice fresh wedges of lime, it made a pretty good meal. 

They came about 5:30 and stayed for two hours. What a treat! Not only did I get to see two people for whom I care so much, but I was entertaining again--in a minor way, but still. They'll pick me up today at 10:30 and we'll meet Ellen and Greg at The Hip Vegan for brunch, then go to Carolyn's about 4:00. 

 

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...