Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Tuesday

As I usually do, I sat down in the evening yesterday to start up this blog. Hmm..."no Internet." Unplugged the modem, but still no go. Did a few other things, but nope. I called Yondoo (Communications), that lousy excuse for a business, and after several tries, finally got the info that the problem was in their end.

Anyway, it seems to have been remedied, so let's hope for good.

Yesterday, I walked to the P.O. to mail off a check to the garage door man, then walked and bused to Rolling Oaks Radiology. My paperwork had been sent, but I hadn't made an appointment and the wait time was an hour. To fill it, I walked over (maybe a mile) to WinCo for romaine and mushrooms. When I got back, I got in, and the arm was photographed. I was also told the doc wanted an ultra-sound, for which an appointment is needed. I'm not sure why she wants it, but I made it for next Wednesday. This episode had taken so long I didn't sit down to lunch until quarter of three. 

After that, I spent time trying to get the Internet up, then called Ellen and we chatted happily. Betty called in order to read me some more jokes from her joke book (groan...), and when I went out to empty the trash, I ran into my neighbor, Gordon, and we had a pleasant talk. We agreed we like the new gates and even that the sprucing up is welcome. How we'll like it when the axe falls with a rent increase is anybody's guess.

The good news of the day was that Vera, of Soaring Spirits (widow and widower group) has finally decided we can meet again. At a restaurant? Oh, certainly not (although why not, considering they all serve outside now, is anybody's guess), but at Thille Park, at 5:00 o'clock on Monday. We'll bring chairs and our own meals, of course, and sit six feet---blah, blah, blah. But okay, I'm not complaining, can't wait, and it should be great fun.

Note: I called the Access Van to see if they had changed the rule that trips had to be only to the supermarket or for medical reason. If anyone wants to know what kind of idiocy prevails, they need only see this answer: The van will take me back and forth to Thille Park of, AND ONLY IF, I want to go there myself, but not to join a group. Okay. When I call to make a reservation, I'll say I want to just go by myself. Of course, I may happen to bump into my pals from Soaring Spirits, and they may ask me to join them, and I may sit down and do so, but that wouldn't be my fault, would it?  😜

 

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...