Friday, September 18, 2020

Frustrated By Blogger!

 Sharon called me about 7:30, knowing I'd be up. She said she's still having problems with her vision and--besides the edema and a multitude of other health issues--she has now developed gastric woes. So-o-o, she was going to come back for yesterday's T.O.P.S. gathering, but again was unable.

I weighed my self at home and got 128.04, a loss of .04; on the T.O.P.S. scale, I was 129.0, a loss of .03, which is a pretty consistent difference.  Only Bobbi, Cheryl, Lolly, Lennie, and I were there, and we talked a bit, then broke up. (As soon as somebody mentions the freakin' virus, I'm outta there. I'm sick of the topic and of the unquestioning and incredibly craven obedience to "authority." Doesn't anybody ever examine what we're actually doing? It's not that people follow what they're told without a qualm, it's that they seem to like it! And, like at least some of our T.O.P.S. members, they never miss a chance to preach to others.)

Carolyn called to see if all was okay for Betty and Mary to come for lunch. Yes, sure, and I'd see them at 12:30, hoping Mary remembered that I'd provide the drinks, but they were to bring their own lunches. I had gotten some important mail for Mike and walked to the P.O. to send it. Stopped at CVS to get Betty a diet Coke; they didn't have any, so I got Pepsi. 

Made my sandwich (honey turkey lunchmeat with avocado and mayo on whole grain) and assembled the rest. I added little bowls of grapes and pretzels and three nice pears, just for extras.

Later: This new Blogger setup is driving me crazy. I wanted to revise the above, but couldn't get into the draft. Then I typed out a whole new entry, saved, but it disappeared. I'm just going to quit for now and publish as is.

What happened: 1. Betty and Mary came to lunch and we ate out near the pool. 2. After they left, I bused into town, where I haven't been for quite a while. 3. I called my friend, Jim, we chatted and  made a date for lunch (our usual, meeting here near the pool). NOW I'M GOING TO PUBLISH THIS AND I APOLOGIZE FOR THE MESSINESS!


2 comments:

iloveac said...

Doesn't appear messy on my end.

Mimi said...

Well, that's good, anyway, Pat. I guess I meant not so much display messiness, but it seem to be written messiness. I'm surprised the new format displays to readers the same as ever, since on my end, when I write the thing, it's entirely different.

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...