Monday, January 27, 2020

Sunday, Quilts, And Koby Bryant

I got through Sunday pretty well. Did what I find so pleasurable: the large Sunday crossword (about all the Ventura Star is good for.)  Walked to Wal-Mart to get my usual sleep aid (their Equate brand) and they didn't have any. I talked to the section manager and she said she ordered it, but it didn't come in; she pointed out that a number of Tylenol brand items didn't come in, either. True, that shelf was almost empty. (Not that I would dream of taking Tylenol, anyway.)  Wal-Mart is the worse excuse for a general department store I ever knew, but if you don't want to go to the mall--and I don't--that's all there is.
Went across to Ralph's for blueberries, which were on a hot sale, then caught a bus home. I invited Suzanne in to see the quilt my friend, Susan, had made me five or so years ago; she then asked me in to see the quilt her niece had made her, which she uses as a bedspread. It looked very nice and I'm beginning to think I may want to use mine that way. The problem is, I have a full bed and I know I'd need a bed skirt with it. The one I have wouldn't be appropriate at all and besides, I'm sick of it. I'm mulling it over. Here's a picture of the quilt, taken seven years ago when Susan gave it to me:

I spent an hour or so on two of my plays--Acquisitions, of course, and a monologue. I think they're close to finished and I printed them out; the ones I choose, I'll send to Jeff electronically.
After lunch, I was waiting for the bus when Betty called. We talked for fifteen or so, while I boarded, sat down, then disembarked at the transit center. I'll see her next week.
In town, I took a few things back to the library, then walked down Main. Picked up some Valentine cards for the kids and a pretty tin, thinking I'll make cookies for a gift sometime.
Caught the 16 to the center, then the 21 home. Made a delicious ground turkey/peppers/onions/garlic stir-fry and had that with fresh spinach I had braised. Boy, was that good.
I was so pleased when Ellen called about 7:00. We had a good long talk, ranging in topic from Koby Bryant to quilts to my Arizona AirBnB plans.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...