Sunday, January 05, 2020

Clearing Out And Stuff

I had forgotten I had set my phone alarm and it woke me at 6:30. Since I hadn't gotten to bed until almost 11:00, after I cleaned up everything from dinner, that was early, but I got up anyway.
I decided to put most of the Christmas decorations away and that was an hours-long task. I kept the angel area up--I just like it--and may until next week when I have Nancy and Carolyn over for lunch. I also retained on display the Christmas cards over the years that my Japanese daughter-in-law made. Might as well put the pics here, although they're not very good (that's my doll, Linda, on her suitcase).

Finally got all packed away except for these, but it took me until lunch.  Called Nancy and we chatted. I'll see her and, presumably, Carolyn B. tomorrow at the Soaring Spirits lunch. 
I was pleased to get a message from my nephew, Dave Wessel, of New Hampshire. He and wife, Polly, are coming thorough LAX en route to New Zealand, where their daughter lives, and want to meet up. Dave and I both hit on Lure as a place to meet--one of my favorites. 
Got a FaceTime call and will be looking at AirBnB possibilities for my trip to Arizona next month. Betty called, still on this deranged money thing. I'm beginning to wonder how much longer she'll be able to live alone. 
I actually started putting things aside to donate to Goodwill. I want to get rid of the many, many superfluous items I somehow accumulated, so I can clear some storage room.
At the last Alzheimer's program I attended, I had gotten a large, spiral-edged, book for caregivers. Since I'm not one, I thought Suzanne might be able to use it in St. John's library, so rang her bell. She accepted it with thanks and we sat down to talk. Somehow, the conversation turned to Asperger's, which Betty's son had had and which Suzanne thinks her 20-something-year-old niece in Phoenix has. We talked about it for a half hour or more. I remember poor Jay so well and poor Betty's valiant attempts to help him.
Had just a sketchy dinner



No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...