Thursday, January 30, 2020

Fun At The Dentist's

I left at 9 to get to my dentist appointment at 10, but I was still early. There was a big mix up with the care credit thing, which is a credit card for dental procedures only. I don't even want to record the hassle, but it's straightened out now. I had know before the cleaning would be pricey, but I didn't remember it was a whopping $476. Oh, well, easy come, easy go.
The procedure itself was A-GO-NY--or at least, uncomfortable. I did get Novocain, but boy, it took an age. Tess, the person who did it--I guess she's a dental technician--was very nice; in fact, all the staff there are nice--courteous and knowledgeable. However, it was no fun and when it was finally over, I was sure it must be at least two o'clock. I looked, and it was 12:30.
Dr. S(omebody), who will do the big job, came in to talk to me and I liked him very much. He's young and good-looking, which is always a plus, and seemed to have a sense of humor, which I liked.
We talked about some of the possible outcomes and I said I'd like to discuss it again in March, when one of my daughters could be with me. I also said I didn't want it to actually happen until April, when Ellen is on spring break, and can be there. He said that was fine. He also said he'd use the "twilight sleep" that Pat R. had mentioned, assuring me I would feel no pain and no terror.
I had decided to take the 11 bus from the mall and go to WinCo for fajitas, and I did. On my way, Stella called to say she was at her rental house and how did it look for lunch. Yes indeed, and we met in front of WinCo.
While I was waiting for Stella, my former friend, Diane B. came walking along with a young man she introduced as her son, Jeff and I shook hands with him. I'm not sure if he's the stunt person or the other son. Anyway, Diane and I said a few cordial words to each other.
Stella drove up shortly and we went to the Black Angus. I had a hamburger--once in a while isn't going to kill me--and a delicious Blue Moon. I invited Stella for lunch next Wednesday, when Betty will be here. Once I got home, I stopped into Suzanne's and asked her, too. They both accepted and I think Betty will enjoy it.
Lunch today with Nancy at the new place in town.

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...