Sunday, January 26, 2020

Saturday

Cut up several pounds of tomatoes, chopped up two big onions to add, put in some Italian seasoning and garlic, and fired up the oven to roast them. I then turned my attention to the large number of whole garlic bulbs I had bought (but why?). Looked on-line to find the best way to peel them and used the glass-jar-and-shake method. That worked fairly well, but you still have to get the thin skin off the cloves. I finally did about ten of them, then used the Chop Wizard's finer dice. Covered and stored them in the fridge until I want to use them.
Used the Shark on the hard floors, cleaned the bathroom, took the trash and recycle out and did a few more minor household chores.
I contacted Jeff to see if the April/May show was going to be like Roadhouse 2019, that is, segmented with short plays, music, and so on. He wrote back it's just one two-act play, but asked me to send him some of my stuff. Told him I would shortly and now I must decide which ones.
Still a little down, I went to town after lunch. I perked up considerably when I got a call from Arizona asking if I wanted to switch a certain arrangement for another and yes, I sure did---yay! I know that's cryptic, but I can't get more specific than that.
Took back the library things I had and picked up more: Road to Singapore, with Bob Hope and Bing* Crosby, and a documentary on Grand Central Station. Also took out Carrie Fishers's book, The Princess Diarist, as I had enjoyed her Wishful Drinking.
Walked down to the museum, but didn't feel like walking back, as I was carrying the two DVDs, the book, and my zippered sweater, and wearing my longer coat. Bused home and got in by 4:15.
For some reason, although I had had my usual lunch, I was hungry and jumped the gun on dinner by eating the leftover pasta salad I had made for the Dudley potluck and frozen. My rule to myself is to eat dinner at 6:00 or after and I virtually never violate it. I'm convinced that keeping to my system is what allows me to keep off the 52 pounds I lost for more than two years, but this isn't  going to put it back on and I'm okay with it.
Sat down after that to go over my plays and skits. Went over Acquisitions, in particular, but I'm not sure if I want to include that with what I send Jeff. We'll see.
*I can't believe it--Spellcheck doesn't recognize "Bing"!
 

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...