Saturday, November 10, 2012

Various And Petraeus

Stopped at the little auto supply place on Route 9 for a new headlight.  Discovered I needed only a turn signal light and suddenly realized they come in twos and I had one in the glove compartment.  Now I have to get Mastercraft to put it in.
Was gratified to receive another "head light" (a literal one, a band  you put around your head for when the power goes out) along with the book, The Liberal Defence for Murder, by Richard Seymour.  I had ordered them from Amazon just two days ago--talk about fast service. 
Yesterday, my dear cousin--my "Cincinnati Sis"--announced the publication of her own book, Breaking Through Concrete and I ordered it immediately.  It's an account of being raised by parents with mental disorders.  Her father, my uncle, seems to have been afflicted with depression, although I doubt if he was ever formally diagnosed.  Her mother, whom I knew well--or as well as I wanted to--was manic-depressive and schizophrenic, a nightmare combination for the three children.
Spent a lot of the day writing up the profile of Pat M.  It's okay, I guess, but not one of my better efforts.  Seems to have come out somewhat flat.  Well, I'll send it to her to check for errors and maybe tweak it a bit after that.
John P. suggested I send him my Hell On Wheels sketch for possible inclusion in our Players & Playwrghts' December 15 readers' theatre production.  Did so and am looking forward to our meeting today at Stockton.
WIDER:  How the media lapdogs are yapping at the general's extramarital affair:
http://news.antiwar.com/2012/11/09/cia-chief-petraeus-resigns-leaked-classified-info-to-girlfriend/
The fact that he had a definitive hand in the slaughter of yay-many thousands of people seems to have given nobody pause, but slip into bed with his biographer?  What a juicy scandal!  There's some reason to believe he shared something other than--uh, bodily fluids with her, too, namely classified information.  Guess he'll be in a cell near Bradley Manning any day now.  Sur-r-re he will.  

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Mimi, as usual, you've hit it (the Petraeus business) exactly on the nose.

I hope you enjoy your headlight more than I've enjoyed mine. For some reason, it bothers me to read with it.

Mimi said...

Jim, I went to three stores nearby and the head lights were all sold out--not unusual considering our recent hurricane and long power outages. Guess I won't need it unless that happens again.

WEDNESDAY

My knee may be somewhat better, but it still isn't completely okay. I'll follow the N.P.'s advice to use heat and keep taking th...