Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Exercise And So On

Finally went back to exercise at the clubhouse.  Of course, I've been walking the mile and a half with Susan every morning, but slacked off in recent months with Leslie Sansone's two-mile.  It's so hard to keep motivated unless it's simply a habit you hardly notice, like brushing your teeth or something.  Anyway, I'm glad I went and will continue on Mondays and Fridays.
Ran scads of errands in Manahawkin, shopping at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Wal-Mart, and B.J.'s.  I was happy to find, at long last, the package of five little LED flashlights at the latter.  Two of mine don't work and I want another five.
Stopped at the library and got a scandal sheet type bio of Frank Sinatra.  It emphasizes his...uh, physical attributes throughout and is anything but scholarly.  It's a bore and I'll take it back hardly glanced over.
Home, I caught up with Lois V., who just got back from Florida; Pat L., who usually attends opera, but wasn't there on Sunday, and Regina B., to ask to interview her and her husband for The Breeze.  They agreed and we'll set a time for next week.
Went to Acme for various, then went again to the library to request The Patriarch, a new bio of Joe Kennedy.  According to the NYTimes book review, it's top-notch, even on a par with Robert Caro's LBJ books.  I'm twentieth on the reserve list, but that's okay.
In addition, I talked to Betty, and did several loads of wash, so it was a good active day. 

No comments:

Friday

Weight: home down a pound to 124.4; T.O.P.S., down .03 to 125.2, so okay. The meeting was the usual: therapy session and general chat for mo...