Monday, November 05, 2012

Busy Still

Busy as a busy little bee, I washed the guest room linens and my own in order to remake the beds.  Before 7 am, I made a big salad for later, cut up broccoli crowns, and did the same to garlic, peppers, and onions for a dinner stir-fry.  Why so energetic so early?  Because I forgot to turn the clocks back and had an extra hour to kill before I picked up Susan for our walk.
Got a call from Aline and we made a date to go to the movies to see Argo tomorrow.  Don't know anything about it, but I'm game.  We'll then have dinner out, which I never refuse.  Damn straight I like to get around.
Met Betty for lunch at Italian Gourmet, but first stopped at Shop-Rite and Santori's for supplies.  We had a nice, sisterly meeting and parted about 2:00--the new two, which will seem like phony two for a few days.
Before going home, I toured the Mystic Island section of Little Egg.  This consists mainly of nice-sized homes, all with docks on the lagoons in the area.  Boy-oh-boy, every single one had a mountain of ruined possessions outside; some had siding torn off or docks destroyed.  I took a few pictures, but not many because I began to feel ashamed.  People of all ages were doggedly hauling their lost things out and here I was, sight-seeing at their misery. 
Tomorrow, I'll go to the high school and see what supplies they need most, then will buy and drop them off before I pick Aline up.  Maybe that will ease my conscience.
Got a call from Jack B., who lives in Manahawkin, just to see if I'm okay.  Had a nice chat.

No comments:

Thursday And Stella

Did a lot of "business work" all morning and early afternoon. As l was about to stop for lunch, Stella called to say she is being ...