Thursday, November 25, 2021

The Day Before...

Did some dusting and polishing early on, then went for a morning walk (3.2). It was really cold, but at least not terribly windy, so bearable. 

I tried to log on to the CVS OTC benefit  site for Blue Shield and wasn't able to get in. Called and was told they were "having problems" with sign-ins. Damn, this has happened before and it's annoying. Will try dealing with it after I get home. Same with getting refunded my over-payments to American Airlines for baggage and seat selection for the two cancelled flights. 

Amazon Japan is a lot more responsive than CVS: I easily ordered a Christmas gift (the game we played the other day, Qwirkle) for son, DIL, and grandson. Since they live in Tokyo and it comes from there, the bonus is that shipping is free.*

Lots more prep going on for Turkey Day (today!), then went to Heritage Restaurant, the one I had taken Dennis and Leslie to. I wasn't terribly hungry, so just had a bowl of chili--not spicy and very good--that came with wonderful chips. I had never had that kind before and they were delicious; I took some home and actually want to call the place to see where to get them. Took a shower after and got ready for today.

* For me, it's idiocy to pay Amazon $12.99 a month for shipping; that's $155.88 a year and what I order doesn't total that much. I know lots do order that and more (Ellen for one), but others are agreeing to get ripped off.  

2 comments:

Pat said...

Rosemary,
I use Amazon Prime and pay the annual fee which is less than $10.00/month. You are quoting the monthly fee. I order a lot of products from them and find it very useful...plus Prime Video has some good stuff on it.

Mimi said...

Less than $10 a month? I didn't know it was that low. Even so, I don't think I order enough to subscribe to it, but maybe I will...

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...