Saturday, November 20, 2021

Back To Jersey

 I simply had no time in Florida to write much on the blog. Our fun activities, though, included the River Walk niece Elaine took us (Joan and Jim Reed, my older sister's daughter, and SIL) on Thursday and on the day before, niece Nancy, Larry, the Reeds, and I went to a restaurant on the beach for pizza. 

Larry and Helen have five daughters and three sons; three of the girls (Elaine, Nancy, and Karen) live within a short walk of the parents and they were over every day I was there. What a great bunch--they're full of enthusiasm, laughter, and fun, but that doesn't mean, of course, that they haven't had some setbacks and disappointments in life. All three are R.N.s, still working.

Anyway, Larry drove me to the Fort Lauderdale Airport for my 7:03 am (why in the world did I pick that time?) and I got to A.C., as scheduled, at 9:30. The flight was horribly turbulent and absolutely terrifying. During the (bumpy) decent, the guy across the aisle held my hand. He then introduced me to his husband (they're both named Dave) and it occurred to me how pleasant and natural it was to say hello to a same-gender couple. I survived the flight, but I'll be damned if I'll get on the five-hour one back to California without a dose of Ativan. Here are some pics from Florida: Jim and Joan flanking Elaine and me at Riverwalk:

 

When I can figure out how to get them off my phone, I'll post more. 

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...