Friday, June 05, 2020

Getting Physical And Going Postal

My friend, Noreen, who had been in one of my Acting for Amateurs class, called early on and we had an enjoyable chat. She told me she has a gentleman friend, Gary, who cooks wonderful meals and invites her over for them. I delicately asked (actually, I plunged right into it) about a physical relationship. She said he had kissed her and she kissed her back, but he wants--ahem--"more" (all right, the ultimate thing) and she doesn't. I guess that's what happens when the man is younger than the woman. Noreen will be 85 next week and Gary won't be until July.   
I wrote out my little T.O.P.S. email--actually, this was a long one--in anticipation of sending it today. Went to press "Save" and my finger hit "Send." Damn!
Walked to the post office, taking the email I had gotten that a package would be delivered by 2:32 yesterday. (I don't know which of the three I'm expecting). I wanted to have it held until today and I'd pick it up. Was asked for the tracking number. I didn't have it--damn, why wasn't it included in the email? I still haven't received the package.
Stopped at Von's on my way for blueberries they had on sale. Couldn't get the digital coupon app needed on my phone. (However, they gave  me the sale price anyway.)
I wasn't very chipper most of the day; just generally down, I guess.
Happily, things improved after that. Ellen came about 4:15 and we sat on my patio chatting, she with her soda, I with my Blue Moon. We made a date for next Thursday for us to lunch together here. (Not inside, since that means certain death, it was intimated, but out by the pool and fire pit.)
El stayed until 6:00 or so. I walked her to her car, checked my mail (why, no, the package hadn't come, so I had waited in most of the day for nothing), then started walking down Victoria. Before I knew it, I had walked all the way to Wal-Mart. It felt so good I walked home, instead of getting a bus, so got in almost four miles.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Must not have been much chemistry between Noreen and Gary or she'd have agreed to go a little bit further, but she must have had her reasons. Hopefully she'll be honest with him and tell him she wants to be 'just friends' or he'll keep trying.

Mimi said...

It wasn't "a little bit"--he wants the whole enchilada, that is, sexual intercourse. She's told him no and maybe that will suffice. If not, I suggested she say she wants to be "loving friends" only; if he won't accept that, she'll have to deal with it.

iloveac said...

I agree and there are 85 year olds who are still quite sexually active. Maybe he should go on one of the internet sites and find a like minded 85 year old.

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...