Sunday, June 21, 2020

At Ellen's, With Cats

What a fun day! I left for Ellen's at 10:15, got the number 16 to Ojai, walked the mile or so further, and arrived at her place about noon. I was introduced to Cecily and Gwendolyn (named after the Pigeon sisters from the old movie, The Odd Couple) and they immediately started checking me out.
They look so sweet and docile here, but these are wild animals. They're the liveliest, most energetic little creatures I've ever seen, racing around, jumping and pouncing, rolling around with each other and generally creating fun and excitement everywhere. Just like any kids, though (they're four months old), they suddenly drop down and nap wherever they happen to be.
Anyway, I had a ball playing with them. Of course, I had a wonderful time talking to El, too--not to mention the ice-cold Blue Moon with lunch. We ate out on her beautiful and bountiful side yard. Her tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers are just coming to fruition and she picked some for our salads. After, we chatted some more, ranging around a variety of topics from Co-Vid to early retirement to this, that, and the other.
The Access Van came, as scheduled, at 4:15 and we said goodbye after the kind of day I cherish. I asked the van driver to take me to the mall instead of home (I had to call van headquarters to get permission to change my destination), and she did. Got blueberries, bananas, and popcorn, then bused home.
I got lots of pictures via text of my great-grandson's big day--his high school graduation--which I enjoyed seeing so much. I'm still hoping to see him and his brother and Dad before too long when I can get to Jersey. I'm thinking the train is a possibility. 


  

No comments:

Julie picked me up at 9:15 and we went to the BCNN meeting. The program. by the owner of Otto & Sons Nursery in Fillmore, was on growing...