Thursday, November 11, 2021

Wednesday And Roman Candles

 In the morning, it was off to Veterans Park in Hamilton Township and I enjoyed watching several games. Also took a walk around the park. After lunch, I went to Harry Wright Lake and did a good walk totaling 3.5 miles. Invigorating. 

I called my friend, Leslie, to see if she could meet for lunch tomorrow if I took the Ocean Ride van down to Little Egg. She wasn't available then, but suggested she and Dennis drive up here and pick me up on Saturday. Great and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I still want to take the Ocean Ride to Little Egg on Friday, though. I know it goes to Mystic Shores and maybe I'll again try to get in touch with Aline to see if we could meet there. 

So I'm having a great time and coincidentally, I saw the following recently, which rang a bell:

Reminds me of another favorite, from Dylan Thomas: "Do not go gentle into that good night/Rage, rage against the dying of the light." I'm sure not a fabulous yellow roman candle--I sputter out a lot--but I keep trying for the burn.   


No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...