Wednesday, November 17, 2021

A bit of Tuesday and Florida

I'm in the hot place! Not hell, of course, but beautiful Cooper City, Florida. It's now 11:00 am and I just got on the laptop now. After I set it up, it demanded a "security key"--a password, that is--and Larry and I had some problem getting it to accept what was on the router. Zipped over to his daughter's house and got grandson, Anthony, a senior in high school, to come over and remedy the situation. He did, and here I am.

Spent Tuesday morning getting ready for my side trip, then drove to AC Airport. The trip to Ft. Lauderdale was horrendous, of course, but it was at least civilized, so I could get a glass of wine. Larry and two of his daughters, Elaine and Nancy, picked me up and we drove the twenty minutes to his home. I immediately went in to see Helen, who is a shadow of the plump, vibrant, wonderfully cheery person she used to be.

The house is large, nicely laid out, and has beautiful landscaping around it. Larry drove me around to the park nearby--lovely--and I can see why they like it here. Elaine and her family live less than a mile away, as do Nancy and the third daughter, Karen. Jeanne and hubby, Dr. Vic, live in Jacksonville and the two sons elsewhere in Florida. 

No comments:

Tuesday

 Did a color wash when I got up, had breakfast, then dressed and waited outside for the Lyft to take  me to the dentist. Annoyingly, when I ...