Saturday, August 10, 2019

Rehearsal Weekend

Friday: Did various chores and errands, then got to El's at 4:00. She had a humongous amount of stuff for the yard sale, including big-ticket items, such as an outdoor vacuum, a leaf blower, an almost-new  indoor vacuum, and a Shark floor cleaner. I hadn't had time to accumulate much; just brought what I already had in my trunk: two decorative pillows, a suitcase, some CDs, and a kitchen rug.
El and I went to Sea Fresh for dinner.  I decided, because of my iron problem, that I would order meat and had a rare hamburger--boy, was it good. I hadn't had red meat for about six months. We then met Greg, who had been in San Luis Obisbo, at the Hip Vegan, his favorite restaurant. Didn't get back to El's until almost 9, and I soon went to bed. Slept soundly all night, which I haven't been doing lately.
Saturday: I had set the alarm for 6:30, got up then, and had my coffee and dressed, after which Greg and I took the sale items out to the front. It was scheduled for 8:00, but of course, people descended on us immediately. I stayed until Ellen got dressed, then left for rehearsal, which was called for 10.
Went directly there and found out head shots were being taken; I hadn't seen Jeff's email about that and hadn't prepared. It turned out we had a "lunch break" from 3:30 to 5:00, though, and I was able to change and put on some makeup at home to have it done when I got back.
Wow, it was a long, long day. Tech day always is, while the lighting, music, and sound effects are set up. (We finally have an actual crying baby in our play, instead of stage director, Alex, going "wah, wah, wah").
The tech part is much more intricate here than it was for the other companies where I've preformed,  because the show is such a mix of live band, short plays, and short vignettes. Our play, "Welcome Home" wasn't even gotten to until we got back at 5:00 and it took an hour and a half. We didn't even run through the whole thing, just segments. Several times, I had to repeat my four soliloquies when I address the audience directly while the lighting guy spotlighted me to Jeff's satisfaction. Of course, the general lighting took an age to set up, too.
Anyway, it was a full day and--as these things always are--equal parts tedium and fun. However, we were released at 7:30, a half hour early and I got to relax with blueberries and Ted Bundy (How It Really Happened on TV), as they don't run Frasier on weekends.  El called to tell me almost everything she had was sold and she was going to pack up the rest for the thrift store. As for my stuff, most was sold while I was still there, and the rest after I had left.
Today, rehearsal call is for 3 to 8.


No comments:

Friday

Weight: home down a pound to 124.4; T.O.P.S., down .03 to 125.2, so okay. The meeting was the usual: therapy session and general chat for mo...