Thursday, February 24, 2011

Went back to the National Museum in the morning and enjoyed what I saw--I'm afraid I maligned it unjustly, as this part was better: old photos, different foods of Singapore, etc., which I enjoyed.
Later, went on a riverboat cruise yesterday, along with Mike, Vivian, Violet, and nanny Grace. It rained quite a bit, but we didn't mind. It was great fun going down the Singapore River for 45 minutes. After, went back to Mike's, hung out, had dinner, then to hotel.
Today, went with Mike and Paula to Vivian's school, for a "student led" conference. Well, maybe "conference" should be in quote marks, too. We met the teachers, but essentially, just chatted with them. Vivian showed us around, then showed us her papers and so on. According to her parents, they have little inaction with the teachers when it comes to Vivian's progress.
After, I took Vivian to the library while Mike cleaned up some work at home. He and Vicky then picked Violet up at school and we met at the restaurant downstairs from my hotel. Surprise: Paula happened to be there at a meeting, so she joined us. Violet, however, was tired and cranky, and kicked up a fuss. Mike banished her home and Vicky went with her. I had a lovely linguine with clam sauce lunch and a nice time.
Mike and Vivian went home and I'll go back to the hotel for a rest and to get showered and changed--going to the races tonight!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...