Saturday, February 05, 2011

We went to the equestrian park yesterday, where the 1964 Olympics were held; saw riders exercising horses and toured the flower garden. Then went to the Plum Blossom Festival. We were gong to walk back--about 2 1/2 miles--but my foot started to bother me, so we took the train. P. and N. dropped me off and I freshened up and rested, then P. came back and got me. Went to their place for dinner and had a delicious one of rice with raisins and spices, a vegetable curry stew, and a yogurt based salad with fresh peppermint and other greens. Soon, we'll be meeting Natsue's parents for lunch--I hope they like me.
Just enjoyed a Skype call with Ellen, who will soon appear on My Strange Addiction. She's addicted to vacuum cleaners and just bought another one.
Note: What I'm writing here is just the bare bones of my excursions here and there in Tokyo. The city and the country itself--and, most important, its people--are much more interesting, but I'm not yet prepared to include my impressions. So different from U.S.--and so like it.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...