Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Out And About...

 ...most of the day, in fact. Early on, I tried to get into my Office word-processing site and it wouldn't open. I decided to consult the techs at Office Depot, who have helped me before. Thought I'd get there early as they probably wouldn't be busy then, so I bundled up  my laptop, stowed it in my cart, made lunch and added that, then took off and got there at 10:30.

But the joke was on me, as I was told their tech person doesn't come in until 1:30. What to do? I pondered, then decided I'd bus into town and get the book I have on reserve.  That required two buses and more than an hour and again, the joke was on me. When I got there and looked on the shelf with reserved books, I consulted the librarian and he looked it up. It turned out I had specified the Hill Street library branch, not the main one in town. Well, no prob, I'll walk there today.

By that time, I hungry, so I walked to my favored spot across from the mission and enjoyed my lunch. Bused back (also a two-bus trek) and got to Office Depot about 2:00. A nice young man named Jon got Office working, but it took a fair amount of time (no charge). Aldi Supermarket is just next door, so I stopped there to look for something for the covered dish. I just decided not to go to a lot of trouble, so bought some fancy rolls and Irish butter and will bring that. Didn't get home until after 4:00. 

Ellen called on her way home just to chat and that's always a treat. The baby shower she's organizing for her partner teacher is today after school; I asked her to let me know how it goes.  Called Jim to remind him about the Dudley House thing tonight--he had it on his calendar, so okay.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...