Saturday, October 29, 2022

Friday

T.O.P.S.: Teeny gains, .03 at home and .02 at the meeting, for weights of 130.8 and 131.5, respectively. There were only four of us there and I took some pics, first of Sharon:


I don't know why she looks so grim in pictures; she's actually a very jolly person. Here she is with a it of a smile, with our leader, Lennie, who is virtually always smiling (note the witchy hat):
And here are the three of us, pic by Lora:

Finally, Lora, who picked me up and is just back from a month in Europe (she's a travel agent, by the way):
Anyway, we had the meeting; Lennie was the only one who lost. She and her 82-year-old husband, a retired minister, are going to Belize today, so he can scuba dive (!).

Didn't get breakfast until 10:30, but after that, I got a fair amount of exercise. I walked to Smart 'n' Final for three miles and got Jim his three large bottles of apple juice. Boy, they were heavy, good thing I had the cart. I was just coming in when Suzanne came over to bring me some persimmons; somebody had given her a large bag full, as they have a tree. She stayed to chat, so I didn't get lunch until 2:00. I then took back the curtain rod I had bought at Lowe's (found another one at Wal-Mart), walking from the transit center and back, about a mile and three-quarters. From there, I bused to Wal-Mart to get yet another rod. Home for good about 4:30.

Called Jim at 7:00 to tell him 1.) I got the juice he wanted; 2.) about the Cricket phone I'll give him; and 3.) that Dianne would like us to meet on Tuesday outside the Urbane CafĂ©, bringing our own. He's glad I got the juice, is confused about the phone, and no, he doesn't want to go to lunch on Tuesday with Diane and me. Why? Because his evaluation was postponed since somebody on the evaluation team had a death in the family. He doesn't want to "deal with it" (having lunch with Diane and me--what?) until after the evaluation. I did, chump that I am, invite him for lunch today, which he accepted. 

I'm getting more and more concerned about his mental state; his forgetfulness and confusion seemed very pronounced last night. I think I'll call Senior Services on Monday and ask if there's any way to get him help. Also, I think he's clinically depressed. I know, I know, I'm not a doctor, so what do I know, but there are signs I believe are indicative. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...