Friday, September 02, 2022

Thursday

I wanted to get something new to wear to the cast party on Sunday, so bused to the mall after breakfast. I went to Target, Macy's, and Penney's, tried on lots of stuff and didn't find one single thing I wanted to wear. Either the fabric was chinzy, the color was horrid, or the fit was way off--or all three combined. I'll have to look elsewhere or choose from my wardrobe. After spending three whole hours there fruitlessly, I was glad to leave. I did buy some cans of Blue Moon to take to the party, along with two small bottles of Prosecco--may take one there, also.

Home, I made the Irish Creme for Shannon and it turned out--natch--very good. I poured it in the fancy decanter I had bought and there was just enough left over to fill a smaller one. Think I'll have Suzanne and Vickie--maybe Jim, too--over one of these days and everybody can have a thimble full.

I decided to give Julie a going-away/thank you present and found a fancy wine holder, put in the bottle of champagne I've had for ages, and added a card:

I called my cousin, Sally, in San Diego and we chatted. Unfortunately, she fell while walking her dog last week and suffered bruised ribs and scrapes, but luckily, no worse damage.  

I decided to make the crystal pickles to bring to the cast party, after all. Rushed over to Von's for cucumbers, julienned them when I got home, then realized I didn't have an onion. Since you have to put the prepared cukes and onion in the fridge for two hours, then add vinegar and sugar and freeze, I didn't want to take the time to run back to the store. Knocked on Suzanne's door--no answer. Called Vickie and yes, she had an onion and insisted on bringing it over to me. Got the stuff done, then did a load of wash. For dinner, I made the pasta, peas, and tuna with oil that my sister, Gene, had told me about. Had it for dinner, and it was yummy. Put the extra in the freezer. 

So some pics: Here are Anthony and me as years 2022 and 2023, with our little pal,  Alieno. (Gawd, I look like a dwarf next to them.) Can't wait to see Anthony next week in Journey of the Skeletons at the Elite Theatre in Oxnard.  Fractured Actors will go as a group.

                                                    

This guy got tired of waiting for the show to start:

Made from start to finish, of course, by Meredith alone; she's really a remarkable artist. Here's more of her work:


No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...